Lucid Hardboot Alpine Carving
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looks like no new members can PM each other

+2
Corey
jburk
6 posters

Go down

Looks like no new members can PM each other Empty Looks like no new members can PM each other

Post by jburk Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:03 am

Trying to PM someone results in a message saying that I haven't reached the sufficient number of posts.

It looks like BOL just went off-line this morning, so I'm guessing this forum is about to become a lot busier, can one of the mods decrease the required number of posts required to PM?
jburk
jburk

Back to top Go down

Looks like no new members can PM each other Empty Re: Looks like no new members can PM each other

Post by Corey Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:27 am

The number of posts required is quite low. We need to keep it that way to reduce the number of spam attacks.
Corey
Corey

Back to top Go down

Looks like no new members can PM each other Empty Re: Looks like no new members can PM each other

Post by jburk Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:37 am

Make sense. Thanks. I guess everyone will get their post count sufficiently high simply by commiserating in the "BOL is offline" thread.

Thank you again for the forethought in getting this board up and running. Is it a on a free hosting service, or can I donate a few $ for the upkeep?
jburk
jburk

Back to top Go down

Post by Corey Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:54 am

No $$ necessary, it's free! But thanks for the thought.
Corey
Corey

Back to top Go down

Post by cyn Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:10 pm

Would it be a pain to update the FAQ? Under "I cannot send private messages" it just says "There are three reasons for this; you are not registered and/or not logged on, the board administrator has disabled private messaging for the entire board, or the board administrator has prevented you individually from sending messages. If it is the latter case you should try asking the administrator why."

Which was confusing until I found this thread. And yes, commenting here to up my posts count Smile
cyn
cyn

Back to top Go down

Post by neanderthol Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:48 am

I cant post a PM and am having trouble logging on
how many post do i need to PM?
neanderthol
neanderthol

Back to top Go down

Post by ibrussell Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:25 am

I was able to PM after 6 posts.
ibrussell
ibrussell

Back to top Go down

Post by lucasgo Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:39 am

Please ignore...
Replying to bump my post count.
lucasgo
lucasgo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum