Lucid Hardboot Alpine Carving
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's the smallest UPZ boot anyone's fit into a F2 medium Intec Titanium binding?

5 posters

Go down

What's the smallest UPZ boot anyone's fit into a F2 medium Intec Titanium binding? Empty What's the smallest UPZ boot anyone's fit into a F2 medium Intec Titanium binding?

Post by jburk Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:56 pm

Bought a set of (barely) used F2 Intec Titaniums, seller said he thought they were mediums, they were on a board he bought and he's a TD type.  He tested the binding size by mounting a set of Head SP 26.5s, said the bindings were almost at the outer limit of the adjustment range, could have possibly taken a 27.5, which fits with the manufacturer's sizing description of the Intec mediums: 21.5 to 27.5.  

I wear a UPZ RC-10 mp26.  Small boots, I know, gave me a few hiccups when fitting them to TD3 step-ins.  Was anticipating having fewer fit issues with F2s; knowing that UPZ have a short sole length, I was expecting a UPZ mp26 to end up at the middle or lower end of the adjustment range.

Received my Intec heels today, installed them on the boots and adjusted the bindings to the boots.  Long (sad) story short, here's what I ended up with:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Toe and heel slammed as close together as they can get; no chance for any bias adjustment.

I know the F2 specs say a large binding is 26.5 -> 31, but I'm wondering if that "26.5" is for boots with a more conventional sole length (Deelux, Head, etc), and once again I'm getting killed by the UPZ short sole length.  

I've got an email into YYZCanuck to verify that the bindings are indeed a medium, and I got an initial response (really impressive, as it was after midnight Toronto time), but will have to wait until tomorrow for a definitive answer from them.

In the meantime, what's the smallest UPZ boot anyone fit into an F2 Intec binding?  Anyone fit anything mp26 or smaller?

Last edited by jburk on Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:33 am; edited 2 times in total
jburk
jburk

Back to top Go down

What's the smallest UPZ boot anyone's fit into a F2 medium Intec Titanium binding? Empty Re: What's the smallest UPZ boot anyone's fit into a F2 medium Intec Titanium binding?

Post by ibrussell Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:23 am

I have a med. set the base plate is 8.5" and can fit a Deeluxe 25.5. On the base(take the pads off) are you using the closest of the four holes?
ibrussell
ibrussell

Back to top Go down

What's the smallest UPZ boot anyone's fit into a F2 medium Intec Titanium binding? Empty Re: What's the smallest UPZ boot anyone's fit into a F2 medium Intec Titanium binding?

Post by pokkis Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:21 am

My wife has 23 size Deeluxe and i have drilled extra holes to that base to get Intec heels more close to center and to have some bias adjustment. Quite easy task.
pokkis
pokkis

Back to top Go down

Post by jburk Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:42 am

I have a med. set the base plate is 8.5" and can fit a Deeluxe 25.5. On the base(take the pads off) are you using the closest of the four holes? wrote:

Here's what my baseplate looks like:

Only a single set of holes for the t-nuts, spaced at 17.5 cm (about 6-7/8")
jburk
jburk

Back to top Go down

Post by pokkis Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:46 am

In past base was same for M and L, difference was on toe piece only for Intec version.
pokkis
pokkis

Back to top Go down

Post by BigWaveDave Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:36 am

"Toe and heel slammed as close together as they can get; no chance for any bias adjustment."

For bias/centering adjustment, have you tried spinning the center disc so the 4 hole slots line up transversely across your board?
BigWaveDave
BigWaveDave

Back to top Go down

Post by jburk Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:28 am

For bias/centering adjustment, have you tried spinning the center disc so the 4 hole slots line up transversely across your board? wrote:

Gave that a shot, but it would have increased my stance from 47cm to 49, a bit over a 3/4" increase.  Not that much fun.

First off, a HUGE thank you to YYZCanuck, they certainly went above and beyond with tech support to sort this out.  I wish I could buy my bindings from them out of gratitude, but since I'm in the US they steered me to Donek.

So it turns out that according to info from YYZCanuck, these are LARGE, not mediums.  Bah... Will be posting them on the Classifieds in short order.  Anyone need a set of large Intec Titaniums that appear to have been mounted to a board once or twice, stepped into a few times, but never actually ridden?

Pokkis has it right, the baseplates for the Intecs are the same for both sizes, the difference is in the toe piece.  On the mediums, the toe piece overlaps the centre disk, and on the large it's flush with it.

Also it would seem that the medium toe pieces have to be adjusted all the way INWARD towards the centre to expose the baseplate mounting screws, but for the large toe piece  you have to move them OUTWARDS as far from center to expose the mounting screws.

jburk
jburk

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuban Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:51 pm

I found this on Carvers Paradise.com  
Small(m21.5-m26.5)
medium(m24.5-m27.5)
large (m26.5-m31)
Cuban
Cuban

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down